The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only.
Finding asbestos in your home or on your project can lead to some extra complications. We hope that these pointers help you navigate some of those complexities to safely haul the asbestos, once removed.
STEP 1: NOTIFY THE LANDFILL
- When planning your asbestos haul, consider in your planning the time required for the landfill to prepare for the arrival of your asbestos.
- We recommend giving the landfill at least one day’s notice.
- If you are renting with Peachtree Waste, we will take care of this step for you.
STEP 2: HAVE YOUR ASBESTOS MANIFEST READY AND COMPLETE
- Georgia mandates the Georgia Asbestos Manifest to be completed prior to hauling and disposing of asbestos.
- The form can be found on the Georgia EPD website and includes the waste generator, the hauler, and the final disposal site, as well as other required information.
- We recommend having multiple copies of the manifest – one for the hauler, one for the disposal site, one to keep for your own records, and one to stick on the bag.
STEP 3: BAG YOUR ASBESTOS SAFELY AND PROPERLY
Asbestos must be contained in a 6mm plastic bag. There are two options for bagging your asbestos:
- Option #1: Double-bagging
- Double bag the asbestos in a 6mm plastic bag
- This option is usually only suitable for friable asbestos, because non-friable asbestos might tear the bags.
- Option #2: Burrito-wrapping
- If possible, bag the asbestos in a 6mm plastic bag, then line the dumpster with 6mm plastic tarps and “burrito” wrap the bags in the plastic tarp
we hope this helps you plan your asbestos haul!
For more information or questions, feel free to give us a call!