HOW TO DEAL WITH DUMPSTERS DURING INCLEMENT WEATHER, INCLUDING PICKUP OR DELIVERY
Inclement weather, such as rain, snow or hail, can add challenges to managing your dumpster, whether it’s sitting on
a driveway or being delivered that day. Taking a few precautionary steps can save you money, prevent issues and help
you keep your sanity!
DUMPSTER DELIVERY? PREPARE FOR LANDING
Make sure that the area you have designated for parking your dumpster is clear and easy for the driver to get to.
When possible, we recommend choosing the driveway or another hard surface for the placement of your dumpster. Avoid
placing the dumpster in the yard because your nice lawn will almost certainly be damaged by the dumpster and our
Whether your dumpster is parked in a driveway or parked on a construction site, there will likely be frequent trips
to your dumpster – and you’ll want to avoid any accidents. In the event of snow or ice:
- Clear the snow away from the dumpster area to avoid delivery hiccups; this is also as a safety precaution
for your project.
- Apply rock salt to avoid ice freezing over.
- If possible, avoid placing the dumpster in the yard. During wet weather, heavy truck tires can ruin a lawn.
DUMPSTER PICKUP? SAME RULES APPLY!
The same rules above apply to pickups too. Clear the area around the dumpsters and apply rock salt to prevent ice or
PROTECT YOUR DUMPSTER!
It may be a tedious task to cover your dumpster, but there are many benefits of doing so:
- Covering your dumpster will help you stay within your dumpster’s weight limit and avoid extra charges. Saturated
garbage weighs more than dry garbage, and this can quickly surpass your weight limit.
- Covering your dumpster will keep your dumpster DRY. The dryer your dumpster, the fewer odors you’ll have.
- In addition, avoiding water in your dumpster will help prevent messes at the landfill and reduce the environment
footprint of polluted water runoff.
- We hope this helps you plan your dumpster rental!
Questions? Give us a call!