HOW TO AVOID ILLEGAL TRASH DUMPING IN YOUR DUMPSTER
Did you know that it is illegal to dump trash in dumpsters placed on private property unless given explicit permission by the owner of the dumpster to do so?
This includes residential properties, construction sites, or other various locations you may have your dumpster. After you’ve spent your hard-earned dollars on a dumpster, the last thing you want is to discover that neighbors have thrown their own junk in your container.
YOU DON’T WANT TO PAY FOR SOMEONE ELSE’S TRASH
If someone puts junk in your rented roll-off dumpster without permission, it’s not only illegal for the offender but it can easily become very costly to you. That waste that they put into your dumpster is going to be added weight – meaning you could end up paying extra fees for going over your weight allowance. In addition, the offender(s) may have thrown hazardous waste materials in your dumpster which would also lead to additional fees and charges for disposal.
HOW DO I AVOID THIS? HERE ARE SOME HELPFUL TIPS:
- The faster you can load the dumpster, the faster we can pick it up! This leaves less time sitting on your property to avoid illegal dumping situations.
- If possible, place your dumpster in a well-lit and secure area.
- Place a sign near your dumpster to remind trespassers of the offense.
- If possible, place the dumpster inside a fenced area.
- Cover the dumpster when not in use – it may seem like a tedious task, but it will reduce the risk of illegal dumping and keep your waste dry, another bonus.
- Place security cameras, or a fake security camera, to keep people from using your dumpster.
- Invest in a dumpster cover or lock.
We hope this helps you plan your dumpster rental!
Questions? Give us a call!